Monday 2 June 2014

Larian Bomba 2014 - 10K

This would be my 3rd official registered race for the year and my 3rd year consecutive running this event. Why is that I like this race so much? Its a limited medal race of which for this year, in the category I am running which is the Junior Veteran (40-49), there are only medals for the first 120 finishers.



Not many LYN runners participated in the race. Sebastian and Poo Fen signed up for this race too. As usual, some Wefie shot as we are waiting to be flagged off.

With Sebastian and Pooi Fen
The race was flagged off at about 10 minutes late due to the late arrival of the VIP. This is a common scene in Malaysia. I don't think I ever ran this 10k route before in this vicinity. They were little slop to climb and KM 6 and 9, especially KM 9 I found it rather challenging as its towards the last stretch and I have used up all my energy.

Bumped into Darren Wu (my neighbour, a young boy whom I have brought him to run with me in a few races) where he was limping towards the last stretch along Jalan Parlimen. He mentioned that his left thigh (just above the knee) is aching and have been walking the last 3km. I said to him continue to walk as there is another around 800m to go. I continued my run towards the finishing line and finished 55th/120 of the limited medal.






Overall, I was pretty satisfied with this run. I vowed to continue to join this race as long as I am still running. 




No comments:

Post a Comment