Wednesday 12 December 2012

Day off for a run

Yes! I did take a day off, just because I want to run in an event. Partly its because wifey is not working as her office is in Selangor, which is Selangor's Sultan birthday, a day off for all in Selangor.

Thanks to a friend for being able to provide me with a free bib to run in the Klang Run for it 6 - 12km run at Bandar Botanic, Klang. Started the journey at about 5.30 am, traveled together with Kelvin Wan as we car pooled.

Reached there at about 6.00am and first person we bumped into was Yew Khuay, Renee and Hong Lan, which they all came in one car. They were surprised to Kelvin and I as we did not announce that we are starting this race. As we walked towards the starting point, more and more familiar faces were seen like Jeff Wong, Barkley, Wei Min and Alvin Yap.



The race started on time at about 6.33 am with no timing chip. The route was on the race morning and not earlier due to non-usage of timing chip and there are too many open road along the route which is subject to abuse, as per Alvin Yap, whom is part of the organizer team.

I am really liking my leg's muscle

12 km route map
Started the race pretty fast as usual the peer pressure from runners around you.
Lap statistics
At km 8, which you can see there is a drop in the pace, bumped into Kelvin Wan and Meng Yong. Both of them were walking and I joined in for a short stroll. It was because both were also looking for toilet wanting to do their big business. What a day for both of them! Upon crossing the small hill across the bridge at about km 10, thought that finishing line is near, started to sprint. 500m later, I saw the marker which display 1km to go and damn, I was already dead tired and about to punctured. Nevertheless, slowly pushed myself to the finishing line as I was reaching, as usual heard a lot of yelling and shouting...Captain, Captain. Those were the cheers from my fellow running mates.



Finished the race with my (nearly) intended average pace of (5:50) 5:52, if its not because I pushed myself too had in the beginning. Still very satisfactory with it. First time came across where Apam is being served in a race, maybe only in Klang.

Nice Apam 

As usual, cam whoring took place after the run, with many many candid shots. Look at my sweats and noticed my hair is getting lesser too.


Post race group photo


No comments:

Post a Comment