Saturday 29 December 2012

When everything is in order and suddenly....

You are hit with chicken pox, yes chicken pox at the age of 42 (my Christmas and birthday present for 2012).

I actually got it from my youngest son, which he had it about 3 weeks ago. We shared the same viral. It all started after my routine run on Saturday (22/12). Just did not feel right the whole morning and I thought I was dehydrated as I did not replenish as much liquid as I did usually after my run. Was busy preparing the food for the night's LYN gathering. Popped in 2 soluble panadol and felt much better later. Even went for a swim during that nights' gathering and felt nothing unusual then.

The next morning, Sunday (23/12), I even went for a run with Wai Hong, Ann Ric and Sebastian. However, 2K into the run, I know I am definitely no good and I started walking. Was also busy looking for toilet as nature calls. We ended up had a real short run and a lot of chit chatting. We even trekked up Wawasan Hill after the run but only turns back about 1.5k into the trail as its too muddy. Only Wai Hong continued to finished as he was trying on his new trail shoes.

By night, i was feeling very tired and the whole body was aching. Also feeling cold from the inside out. Went to clinic and was prescribed with the usual antibiotic, fever and flu tablets. My throat was swelling and URTI is on the way.

The next morning when I woke up, damn! its all over my shoulder and neck. That was it, there goes my Newton closing run for the year. Went to clinic again and the bill came up to RM162 and was given an antiviral medicine to be taken 5x a day over the next 5 days.


 It was tough over the past few days. This was how I looked on the peak, it was day 4 (27/12).
taken with the culprit who spread it to me
 Day 5, where it starts to itch a little where I had to apply to Calamine lotion to keep me cool.
28 Dec 2012
And today is day 6, when I am writing this up.
29 December 2012
I would say this a memorable Christmas and Birthday year for me to remember, 2012! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment